-->

Sunday, May 27, 2018

May 27. Day 147. I like to watch


What kind of person photographs a stranger's wedding? I consider there are probably two types. There are those who get paid for it. Technically they probably met the couple before the wedding so are not complete strangers. And then there are weirdos you just can't help themselves when they see a bridal party. I fall into the latter group. I just find weddings endlessly fascinating. I'm not like a storm chaser who tries to out oneself in the path of the action. If, however, I happened to see a wedding I'm like a kid in a candy store. I'm drawn. It's the theatre of it all. The costuming. The props, the ceremony, the lines to be recited, the rituals. And all those roles - bride, groom, bridesmaids, mothers fathers, best men, drunken uncle. Such drama. So much to see.
Thus I stopped on my walk and took in the scene of the bridal party. There were two of us taking photos. Only one was on the cast list.









No comments:

Post a Comment