-->

Friday, May 18, 2018

May 18. Day 138. Mind playing tricks on you





 Do you ever get a feeling that you are trapped in the game that is life?
Do you ever think you are playing without knowing the rules or that the rules you are playing by aren't the ones everyone else knows?
That it's two steps forward and three steps back, that there are more snakes than ladders?
I've had a day like that. I'm not sure if it is my turn. I'm not sure what move I should make. I have a scary suspicion that the game will end in a stalemate or worse no matter what my move.
All of these things are swirling around my head as I prepare for bed. Perhaps this is why Mind Games that I saw as part of the Anywhere Theatre Festival struck a chord.
I can't exactly say what it was "about" and I sure as hell can't say what it "meant". But I do know it was two people trapped with each other for so long that where one started and the other ended became blurred. They played Connect 4 but the concept of ever winning or losing was lost - it was just a never ending cycle of patterns and coloured dots.
I hope the dots in this game line up. I rather fear they won't. To mix a metaphor. The die has been cast. Your move.






No comments:

Post a Comment