-->

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

October 29. Day 302. Every cloud has a silver lining

When it comes to useful websites, the Australian Bureau of Meteorology takes a lot of beating.
In this part of the world as spring turns into summer, many hours can be spent watching the coloured bands representing heavy rains approaching your neck of the woods.
Well, that's one way of doing it. But in my particular corner of planet earth there is another way, a more old-fashioned way. I turn from Windows to windows. I know. How old school.
My back deck is pretty much perfect for a spot of weather watching if the storm is approaching from the south or the west.
And this afternoon, the sky was talking and it was screaming STORM WARNING.
Coloured bands on the radar make interesting viewing for sure but Mother Nature also turns on a pretty spectacular show. I think it's fair to say someone in the heavens is in a pretty dirty mood this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment