-->

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

October 1. Day 274. Diving in

 

I could say my announcement that we were going away for the second week of the school holidays, was met with universal excitement. I could say that but it would be a lie.
The teen's response could be at best described as completely underwhelming.
So I promised (without even crossing my fingers) there would be broadband Internet, TV, video and all the comforts of home. In addition, I would not nag him to do holiday stuff. He's a big boy now. His holiday too. His call.
And I have kept to that. So I was pleased that without a word of "encouragement" from me, there he was in the pool this afternoon. You can take a boy to water and you may not be able to make him swim but he just might decide to do it anyway. Round one to Mum.

11 comments:

  1. Well done Mum, glad to see he was enjoying himself after all

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have a teen so I really get this post. I'm glad he enjoyed himself after all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have one that was very similar in response to our holiday, i think once they are there they cant help themselves lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think our next holiday may be our son's last too. Am glad he got in the pool and enjoyed himself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. brilliant well done mum, my teen has been like that for a few years if we visit family, if we go somewhere she has always joined in x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boys! Not looking to the teen years - well done mummy he looked like he had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad I have a few years before we hit the teens on our house :) Looks like he's having fun, despite himself :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's all talk sometimes - no matter how big they are they still like to have fun! I hope you have a great holiday. Great photos as usual and thanks for linking up and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad he decided to jump in. My son is now the advanced age of 7 and has already started wanted to less "family time" things.

    ReplyDelete