-->

Monday, October 14, 2013

October 14. Day 287. Big boys toys

The things we do for our kids.
For Tommy it's remote control cars. The father of three was out late this afternoon after the vehicles had cleared from an office car park racing a very speedy remote control car.
He proudly told me the car was one of a number he had for the kids, one capable of more than 200 kilometres an hour over short distances.
Tommy and the kids like the empty car park. He says he often brings them down there to ride their scooters, skateboards and bikes.
It gets them all out and away from computers and the TV, he reasoned. I know this is true because I've seen them all there before.
But I couldn't help but notice that something was missing this afternoon - the kids.
It looked suspiciously like just Tommy and the toy. It's all right Tommy, I won't tell if you don't.
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up, not so much.
And as a big boy's toy goes, a remote control car capable of travelling more than 200 kilometres an hour is right in the ball park.

6 comments:

  1. Great post - and so true, boys never seem to grow up! Well done to Tommy for wanting to get his kids out in the fresh air and away from time spent in front of computers and tv's. He was obviously testing the car for the his kids beforehand ;). Thanks for linking up and sharing with Country Kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, boys and their toys! I often wonder if my husband is doing things for the boys, or himself :) Popping over from #CountryKids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I can sing a song about men not wanting to grow up. I swear Ben is a modern version of Peter Pan...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last time I visited Crystal Park there were only grown up boys with their remote cars and lots of young boys like my son who wanted to join in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good one.. Remote cars is one of the most favorite play time option for my son. I guess this would make him feel more exciting. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice post...but driving a remote control car does not always have to mean digging out the chunky remote control and then locating batteries for it. In that case what you have done? Inspired App Gear give thanks to you for sharing your information.

    ReplyDelete