-->

Friday, January 13, 2017

January 13. Day 13. Birthday splash


 People tell you to treasure every second of your child's childhood because in a blink of an eye it will be over and he or she will be moving out of home.
I'm not sure if that's true on many levels. Firstly I don't think I can really even remember the era BC (before child). It certainly is much longer than a blink. And secondly, as far as I can tell they never move out of home and if they do they boomerang back again anyway. Also there is much to treasure about seeing a pink wrinkled thing grow and develop into an adult human but every second? Every sleepless night, every illness, every tantrum, every heartache, every assignment, every bill? Yeah, not if your honest. Today marks the 19th anniversary of me becoming a mother. What a wild, wonderful ride that has been. Parenthood is the most rewarding, challenging, frustrating, complex and expensive thing you will ever do. Of course the job is never over, the job description just keeps changing. But getting this far and seeing a happy young man partying with friends well that's worth making a splash about. Happy Birthday Oliver. Love you to bits. (And guess what? In a year you won't have to put up with me calling you Drama Teen any more. I bet I can come up with something you hate more. Being embarrassing is also part of the job description)










No comments:

Post a Comment