-->

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

December 5. Day 340. My Cup Runneth Over

Anton Chekhov said a good upbringing means you won't spill sauce on the tablecloth but that you won't notice it when someone else does.
Sounds about right. Unfortunately if it is true, my upbringing was very bad indeed.
It is possible that I might MIGHT be able to stop myself from laughing should someone else knock over the sauce. It probably would depend on who and where and possibly whether my own cup was full or empty at the time.
But when it comes to not spilling myself, well that's a whole different ball game. I couldn't spill more if I was a political party with disastrous opinion polls.
This is probably why I really like this photo I took  this morning at the Aquativity water play park at South Bank.
If just one cup out of a whole bunch were to fall over and spill its contents, it would be the one closest to me. It's a special talent I have, a talent that makes the manufacturers of washing detergent happy and ensures that white clothing and I have an unhappy relationship.
But seriously on days like this, most of us would be happy if the cup did in fact run over.



9 comments:

  1. That's an amazing photo. Love the capture of the water running over.
    And I'm with you- there was a serious lack of white clothing in my childhood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another stunning photo. I enjoy seeing your shots each week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you've just caught the moment, but you often do that with your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a beautiful picture. Your timing and composition are excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photo and your post has made me smile. My husband should wear a bib too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a beautifully timed photograph, in all honesty how many shots did you take to get that? Love the ripple in the water flow.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete