-->

Monday, December 17, 2012

December 17. Day 352. Stuffed and roasted

I had something of a sympathy for turkeys today mainly because I felt stuffed and roasted. Just add some gravy and cranberry sauce and I'd be right for serving.
According to the thermometer it wasn't especially hot today although 32 degrees is on the warm side in anyone's language. But it felt much, much hotter thanks to killer humidity. By the time I returned from my walk I was basted in my own juices, a somewhat less than attractive situation.
The wilted self was finding inspiration hard to come by and I'd almost reached my front gate when this gobbler presented itself and seemed to sum up both the day and the season perfectly. I swear that's a look of turkey terror on its face (although it is perfectly possible it was just down wind on me which would also explain the flight response).
The weird thing is that Christmas Day may well be a day just like today and yet we will be firing up the oven and roasting as we do every year. We are not a family that would consider cold meats or seafood even for a second. No matter how foul the weather there will be fowl on the table. We can all be roasted together.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I think your site might be having browser compatibility issues.
    When I look at your blog site in Firefox, it looks
    fine but when opening in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping.

    I just wanted to give you a quick heads up! Other then
    that, awesome blog!
    My webpage > fast writing

    ReplyDelete