-->

Sunday, July 22, 2018

July 22. Day 204. When I grow up


One day I will figure out what I want to do when I grow up ... or not. How 17-year-old are supposed to know is beyond me. So much pressure is put on Year 12 students in what it already a horrendously difficult year to choose a course of study. It was hard in 1982 when I finished school but let's face it the number of options has skyrocketed since. We had three unis. That's it. Now the number of unis has ballooned as has the number of private education colleges and courses. There was no such thing as a course in film and special effect make-up. Paramedicine  was not a university course. Walking through Tertiary Studies Expo (The provocatively named TSEXPO) today did my head in. So many choices - which is in equal measure awesome and terrifying. Just as well I'm in no hurry to work out what I want to do when I grow up.











No comments:

Post a Comment