-->

Saturday, November 17, 2012

November 17. Day 322. Stormy weather

My goodness. Mother Nature sure had her grump on this morning. If hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, I can only assume that there's been a bit of scorning going on in the heavens department this week.
In this part of the world we do thunder storms particularly well. During a hot humid day you can feel it building and when it finally hits - almost always timed for most disruption around the school pick-up time - it comes as something of a blessed relief. Mostly.
Sometimes, however, the results are devastating.
Morning storms, like the one this morning, are less common and while I have no evidence to support this I believe they are often more violent.
Here we got just a little hail but violent winds, thunder and lightning and rain which was at times almost horizontal.
There was no way I was going out during the worst of it but as things calmed I did manage this shot off the back deck.
I hope others escaped as lightly. My guess is probably not.




No comments:

Post a Comment