-->

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

November 21. Day 326. Flock of Seagulls


Okay. I admit it. I'm stuck in the 1980s, at least where it comes to music.
It's impossible for me to see a Flock of Seagulls without humming I Ran (fortunately for the people at South Bank this morning the humming happens in my head not out loud or it wouldn't just be me running given my special musical "talent").
What's not to love about the decade that brought us MTV, the CD and arguably some of the worst hair cuts and fashion the world has ever seen.
Everything was big from the hair to the shoulder pads to the sunglasses.
It was flashy and showy in the decade where I first really started to spread my wings, left school, went to university and got my first job.
Yep, the 80s were, in the words of Robert Palmer, Simply Irresitable.


1 comment: