-->

Monday, November 5, 2012

November 5. Day 310. Head space

This is my head.
Okay, it's not my head. It's part of a sculpture outside Southbank TAFE.
But it's exactly how my head feels at the moment.
The brow is furrowed, deeply furrowed, as would be expected of a person in my occupation in the first week of the examination block.
But more than that. It's the sallow cheeks, the pained expression and the blinding light over one eye.
Something is flowering at the moment and it's doing my head in. Spring is a wonderful season except for the pollen. I swear I've had this sinus headache for three weeks.
But if you want the birds and the bees and the flowers and the trees, you've got to put up with the pollen.
So like this bloke, suck it up sister. Take a cup for concrete and harden up. And if all else fails look to the heavens for inspiration or the drug cabinet for yet another dose of antihistamine.

No comments:

Post a Comment