-->

Friday, February 8, 2019

February 8. Day 39. Shell shocked


When I stayed two doors up just before Christmas,  I saw the turtle team. A mumma turtle had laid eggs on the beach the previous night. They were counting and documenting them. Today I saw the fruits of their labour. The hatchlings made their way from the dunes to the water.
Oh my goodness, this is too much. Way too cute.
I was a little bit late to the party. I'd seen people gathering up the beach but hadn't paid much attention. I'd been playing with my dogs and  introducing them to puppy Winona. They already know Noni's big brother Roly and Noni and Roly's human parents are their vets so it's only fair they meet Noni. After the play date, we headed up the beach and everyone else went home. See that lead around Oliver's neck? It went home too. So when we reached the turtle hatchlings I had no way of holding them back. Winkle I picked up. Rumple I secured between my legs. There are easier ways of watching the turtles and taking photos but it was so worth it and so unexpected.













































No comments:

Post a Comment