-->

Thursday, February 28, 2019

February 28. Day 59. Caught in the net


If netball and I had a Facebook relationship status it would be "it's complicated".
As a child and into my early teens I loved it.
But then I realised I was actually crap at it and I had serious school business so I gave it up.
Then I was lured back on to the court to fill a spot on a mixed team. It would be just a laugh, they said.
Everyone just wanted a bit of fun.
And so it was until we got on to the court.
These guys were good and they took no prisoners.
I felt useless and a big, fat let down to the team.
All of this was front of mind at Squad Goals at Metro Arts tonight.
This was about players who would do anything to win and the weakest links had to be let go.
It was funny and sad.
These people were crazy which in my mind isn't far from the truth.



No comments:

Post a Comment