-->

Tuesday, February 12, 2019

February 12. Day 43. Flying high



 By very early this morning it was clear it was going to be stinking hot.
By the afternoon a sea breeze had picked up and while it did offer some respite it was a bit like a fan forced oven by the time it came inside.
So we found a spot in the shade and pulled up sun lounges. I had a book which I read a bit.
Anyone who saw the types of things I read at the beach would be forgiven for questioning whether I faked my qualifications. Serious reading is for work. For the beach, the trashier the better.
 The book today was one of the detective novels James Patterson pumps out before breakfast. I find them delightfully readable but today mostly I just chilled and watched the birds above. There were lots of them. Lorikeets, kookaburras, corellas, cockatoos, galahs - and all those without moving my position on the sun lounge. The dogs didn't even seem to mind, possibly because it was still too hot to give a rats or possibly because they were lying in my shadow under the sun lounge. That's enough to block out any distraction. Then as the worst of the sun's heat passed we hit the beach. It was glorious. This people is what I call a holiday.









No comments:

Post a Comment