-->

Friday, February 15, 2019

February 15. Day 46. Drip feed


This better work.
If you don't want to hear a girl speaking shit, turn away now.
If you are still reading, Don't say I didn't warn you. Much discussion about body functions and fluids will follow. ..
So about 20 years ago I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis. It's been a "journey" (which is code for how I imagine a trip on a cruise ship with an outbreak of gastro would be ...).
I have been hospitalised on a steroid drip a number of times, I had my appendix out (because there's a suggestion it harbours inflammatory material) and I've taken an awful lot of pharmaceuticals. I've learned a couple of things along the way. 1. Once this disease gets a head of steam in my innards, it's hard to bring it back into control and
2. Stress, really, really doesn't help. At all. It pours petrol into my already steaming gut.
Conventional options have been exhausted but still the cramping, bleeding, and pooping continues.
But there are new wonder drugs delivered by infusion. Today was day one. I have very high hopes. Bring it on


No comments:

Post a Comment