-->

Sunday, February 3, 2019

February 3. Day 34. Toadly devoted to you


A big bang in the middle of the night is never a good thing ... well not when you are talking about a load noise from out in the street. Then the lights went out. I went outside to investigate and all the the whole street was plunged into darkness.
The dogs followed and within seconds I heard something. In the torch light I saw Rumple had a toad in his mouth. Everyone knows toads are poisonous to dogs. I separated the dogs and the toad and went inside and phoned the 24 hour vet. I was given an action plan involving rinsing his mouth out with water and keeping a really close eye on him. Toad toxin is, apparently, very fast acting. If there's going to be trouble it will hit within 20 minutes. So watch him I did, as well as you can in the dark with a torch. At the crucial 20 minute mark he was fine but after about a hour he vomited. So even though that should have been fine I got him in the car and went to the vet anyway. He was fine. I could have done with a sedative. The idea that anything might happen to one of my babies is too much to bare. I'm toad-ally devoted.

No comments:

Post a Comment