-->

Tuesday, February 19, 2019

February 19. Day 50. Colour my world


 Back in the 1980s there was this TV show called The New Inventors. It was a bit like Shark Tank but without the sharks.
The judges would question the inventors asking about scalability, functionality etc. But then there was Diana Fisher . She asked really probing questions such as "Does it come in other colours?" I thought about that tonight at the Powerhouse. We were at an event featuring author Graeme Simsion and autism expert Tony Attwood. Simion's book has a lead character with ASD and the questions were largely about that. This is, of course, a subject I feel very invested in. I had a question they didn't get to - which is fine. But it did hurt when the final question went to a woman who started with the fact that her book club had just finished reading the first in the trilogy (shoot me now) and then asked "is there any significance in the colours of the book covers?" Oh FFS... Some of us actually wanted to find out stuff.
And the answer... in case you wondered ... was that the graphic artist just thought they would look pretty. Thank God I now know that.



No comments:

Post a Comment