-->

Monday, November 16, 2015

November 16. Day 320. Fire!

At best you would have to describe it as an uncanny coincidence. At worst, deeply suspicious. Call it what you will but I seem to have developed a knack of turning up to fires before the fire engines arrive with the "proper" camera around my neck. Today was number three after the Musgrave Park tent embassy fire and the smouldering wreck next to the Greek Club. If I didn't know better - and I most certainly do - it would sound like pyromaniac tendencies. Today's fire was just a few doors up from my Mum's place. As I approached the house, I saw a long line of cars stopped outside like she was having a party and forgot to invite me. Then I saw the flames. I pulled over, grabbed the camera and the dog and joined the other residents taking in the excitement for the afternoon.  Two things struck me. Despite the fact that there was almost certainly fuel involved, no-one seemed terribly concerned about keeping their distance. And then there was the boot. As they doused the flames the firefighters opened the car doors and then the boot removing a pram. It just makes you realise there are far worse things than your parked car catching fire. Now, note to self. If you must keep finding fires and insist on getting up close and personal to take photos, how about you remember the asthma puffer? The fire fighters have breathing apparatus. The photographer does not. Remember that.



No comments:

Post a Comment