-->

Sunday, November 15, 2015

November 15. Day 319. Snail's pace

It has been a slow crawl to the finish line. With a noon Monday deadline, marking should have been done and dusted but that hasn't been the way it has played out. If slow and steady really does win the race, this is officially a gold medal performance. While getting the marking millstone from around the neck would seem like an incentive to race like a hare, my reaction is more tortoise. Much more. So instead of knocking off the last of it this morning, I was down beside the pool with a young visitor who was fascinated by two tiny snails. I admit her curiosity and fascination with the snails was considerably more inviting than the prospect of yet more papers. She reminded me of mini me, who also loved every little slug and snail. This little one would have had at least one snail in her pocket to take home if her mum hadn't put her foot down (fortunately not on a snail). I would happily have gifted her an assignment ....





No comments:

Post a Comment