-->

Thursday, February 6, 2014

February 6. Day 37. The thrill of the chase


Back to work on Monday and therefore I have spent much of this week searching for holiday options later in the year. Holidays rock but a great deal of fun can be had just in the planning and the anticipation. A girl needs something to look forward to, right? (It' not that I don't look forward to marking. Okay, it totally is that).
That's the thing isn't it? Sometimes the happiness is as much in the journey as what happens at the destination. There's a real thrill in the chase which often matches if not surpasses that of actually closing the deal.
I was pondering that at the dog park this afternoon with Rumple, his "cousin" The Fed and the best friend they just met Archie.
Toss the ball and the three of them would take off  like elite athletes at the sound of the starter's gun and guess what happened when they actually reached the ball? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. They left it there for me to collect with a look of "well you're the one who threw it. Pick up after yourself".
Ball? What ball? In this as in so many other aspects of life, the thrill is in the chase.

10 comments:

  1. Brilliant and so so true. I love planning holidays and I'm never happy unless we have some break or holiday in the pipeline (even if it's months away) - well I did used to be a travel agent! I love the capture on those flying ears and flapping tongues chasing that ball!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing capture, so full of life and action

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I can hear them shouting and talking to each other as they chase the ball! Fab photos

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant shots! They're having so much fun there :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow look at that last dog with his tongue hanging out - his eyes look kind of crazy lol brilliant photos x

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh brilliant photos. I am of course biased, as we have matching dogs, but love these action shots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant action shot with the beagle's ears out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great captures, I love the ears flapping about. Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fantastic photos! I love dogs, and yours are super cute!

    ReplyDelete