-->

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

February 12. Day 43. Sunsets and staff meetings

Some wise person once said "there's never been one sunrise and one sunset the same". This is true. And today I saw both of them. They were both beautiful in their own right (this is sunset from my deck). But just in case you think I've gone all misty eyed romantic on you let me give you just two words to prove that I am very well grounded in things far less mystical: "staff meeting".
Today was the first major gathering of the clan for the year for a three hour workshop on the roles and responsibilities of unit coordinators. Now doesn't that sound sexy? To be fair, what could have been a snore-fest was actually well thought out and targeted and the catering was good so as these things go nothing to whinge about.
But finally nothing spells the end of the dreamy days of summer quite like a work love-in. Yep, the sun has well and truly set on another period of annual leave.
When it comes to sunsets my thoughts can best be summed up in the fine words of Woody Allen: "Today I saw a red and yellow sunset and thought how insignificant I am. Of course I thought that yesterday too, and it rained." Funnily enough, staff meetings leave me with pretty much exactly the same feeling. One small cog in a great machine.

 



I have a somewhat less romantic saying of my own "same shit, different day".

No comments:

Post a Comment