-->

Friday, February 14, 2014

February 14. Day 45. Young love

I don't believe in love at first sight; lust at first sight, sure but love no. That's something out of Disney films, if you ask me. Your spy your handsome prince, he kisses you and it's all happily ever after. Give me a break. If nothing else, a suitor should have to work a bit harder than that. Flowers, chocolate, wining and dining - and not just on Valentine's Day but any day, thank you very much.
Today is the 20th anniversary of the day Charles and I got engaged. There were were lots of flowers and chocolates to that point (and not so many afterwards). But had I gone on those first sight impressions it would never have been. In fact my mother likes to remind me of a letter I sent home describing the English lad who had taken me to the ballet as So Boring (it was actually underlined three times just to be sure she got my point). Love, like fungus, grows on you as they say.
And so it is with the two fur friends co-habitating at our place at the moment. It would be fair to say Rumple did not appreciate the arrival of his Beagle pup cousin The Fed. He ran and jumped on my lap and refused to move. But despite getting off on the wrong paw the two are now the best of buddies and are rarely more than a pace or two apart. True love will find a way

No comments:

Post a Comment