-->

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

July 9. Day 190. Just because

Sometimes logic has nothing to do with it. At all.
One of the rules I have tried to stick to is to never, ever give "just because" as a reason for anything. It's not a reason. It's a cop out. But sometimes it's the best I've got.
We are in the process of buying a new car, a purchase decision that should be fairly easy based on objective criteria. Except it isn't and sometimes my preference for one brand over another makes no sense at all. I prefer it "just because".
So I kind of get the completely inexplicable behaviour of these two young ladies at South Bank today. It was pretty bloody chilly today and yet they were eating ice cream. then They rolled up their pants and strode into the pool complaining that it was freezing. But it didn't stop them. In fact having crossed once, they rolled their pants up higher and did it again. Just because. And why not really?

No comments:

Post a Comment