-->

Saturday, July 27, 2013

July 27. Day 208. Saturday Sport

Saturday. The day of lazing in bed, reading the papers perhaps a leisurely brunch in the cafe or a stroll around the markets. Oops, sorry I was day dreaming again, although to be fair I did get to visit the Kelvin Grove markets with Rumple and he at least had brunch from the specialty dog treat stall.
Let's try that again. Saturday. Washing, housework, grocery shopping ...
For most people with school-aged children Saturday also = sport.
Today for my niece Cleo it was netball and although I missed her game (they lost by two to one of the competition's top teams) I was at her house exercising my homework help duties when she arrived home. The fact that she had just finished a game didn't stop her from setting up the hoop in the back yard.
She plays in defensive positions but as this shows can land a hoop from time to time. Score.
I scored too - an afternoon nap and an evening at the theatre. There might have been a lot to pack in but these days that's what Saturdays are all about.

2 comments:

  1. I have to say Saturdays are our changeover day and it's always a manic day of activity for all the family, not that I would have it any other way! Great action shots of your niece and I hope the theatre was good, thanks for sharing with Country Kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a busy but lovely saturday and I think our saturdays will be much the same when my boys are older.

    ReplyDelete