-->

Monday, July 8, 2013

July 8. Day 189. Take what you can get

Children and animals. Honestly.
When I announced that we would be getting a new dog, Mr O excitedly volunteered that he would be the one who would walk our new family member and he wanted to take him to puppy school.
Sure, I said, but naturally he excused himself from puppy school duty and as for walking, well, let's just say not so much.
Anyway today, with a fair bit of arm twisting, Mr O agreed to walk with Rumple and I to the dog park. That's him sitting on the seat playing on the iPad. That wasn't exactly what I had in mind but we did chat on the way there and back and sometimes you have to take what you can get.
So with Mr O otherwise occupied, I concentrated on playing fetch with Rumple. That's him running AWAY from the ball. Again, that's not exactly what I had in mind.
In effect neither of them was playing ball so I was forced to amuse myself.  Without the distraction of either of them I concentrated on photographing the lorikeets who were also quite prepared to ignore my presence and keep going about their business. It may not have been the result I was hoping for but I admit I'm pleased with how it turned out. Sometimes you have to take what you can get.



1 comment:

  1. My partner bought me my dog for a Birthday and he too promised he'd walk him too etc, nah doesnt happen much haha.

    Love the photo of the bird!

    Best wishes, Danielle.
    http://thesweetness365.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete