-->

Sunday, July 7, 2013

July 7. Day 188. Down hill slide




I am such a goody two shoes rule follower. I read recipes and follow them exactly. I don't start crossing the road until the green man says it is okay. Even at two o'clock in the morning when there are no cars coming I will wait for the light to turn green. I always turn my phone off at the cinema or theatre when directed (actually that's an out and out lie. I never turn my phone to anything but silent but that totally counts).
Anyway I firmly believe that rules are put in place for the betterment of all so you can't pick or choose what ones to obey. Ignoring rules and it's a downhill slide to anarchy.
But today I will break not one but two rules of my Project 365.
The first is not to use the same subject two days running. That would be just lazy. But yesterday's shot was grass tobogganing and here we go again. In my defence I will say that this is a different group of people AND a different park. Yesterday I was at Highgate Hill and today at Dutton Park but coincidentally two groups of people decided to take advantage of a beautiful weekend and slide down a slope. That's not my fault is it?
But the other and more important rule broken is that the photo must be taken by me - and yet that's me sliding down the hill after my new friend Helen insisted I have a go. She took the picture. It's on my camera and I set it up so that totally counts too.
Some times rules are meant to be broken. Why should Matthew, Helen, Lily and Anny be the ones having all the fun?

9 comments:

  1. Brilliant photos! The expressions on all your faces are just fantastic! You must have had the best time :) #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely to see some grown up kids having fun with the children too! Looks like a lot of fun! Lydia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grass tobogganing, excellent, it looks fab. Feel free to share on my Family Days Linky on mumsdotravel.com!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great fun! Definitely not just for the kids, it's lovely to see you in a photo for a change as well. Thanks for sharing your fun photos with Country Kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love seeing fully grown women having so much simple fun! Rules were made to be broken ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ow these are brilliant Susan, I would so have to do this too, I love that all you "grown ups" are having a go, why should kids get all the fun?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you were having so much fun! I can't resist rolling down a hill but now I need to try sliding!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow that looks so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's an awesome idea! I had no idea this would work. I'll be saving my boxes from now on!

    ReplyDelete