-->

Saturday, March 9, 2019

March 9. Day 68. Laugh Kookaburra laugh


I heard this talk back on the radio the other day asking whether listeners had noticed more kookaburras around the suburbs than normal. In my area, I don't think so. But at Roma Street Parkland today they were going off. They were going off at each other. They were going off at the noisy minors and they were just going off at nothing in particular.
A group of Asian tourists, who had doubtless heard about the kookaburras of Australia were in their element and if I'm honest, so was I. Who doesn't love a kookaburra, I ask you.
Their laugh, which I learned during the talk back isn't actually a laugh, is infectious. And they are such a striking looking bird. So I stayed and watched and smiled.




















No comments:

Post a Comment