-->

Saturday, March 16, 2019

March 16. Day 75. Music to my ears





If music be the food of love, play on. God Shakespeare had a way with words. You can't deny it. The fact is that beautiful music like a beautiful sunset can make your soul smile. Today I experienced both.
I will not pretend, I can not pretend that I know anything about classical music. Unless you count the triangle, I can not play a single classical instrument. In fact I can not play an instrument at all. And yet I know beautiful music when I hear it. I sat in the audience of the Queensland Symphony Orchestra's performance of Rossini's William Tell Overture, Ginastera's Concerto for Harp and Orchestra and Prokofiev's Romeo and Juliet Suite. I was swept away in a tide of emotion. The instruments whispered and soared. At times it was like a gentle drizzle and then more like a tidal wave or music was hitting you as it gushed through the Concert Hall. You can listen to the recording of the event on ABC Classic FM. But I promise you no matter how good your sound equipment is nothing compares to being there. Watching the musicians make the music come alive is captivating and being engulfed in the sound is without comparison. Yes, this is the food of love. Play on.






No comments:

Post a Comment