-->

Wednesday, March 20, 2019

March 20. Day 79. Another brick in the wall



I love a home improvement show. I love improving my home but I actually hate the process. I'd be exceptionally happy to move out and someone else do it (within reason, obviously).
I mean some times you look at the home improvement shows and think "seriously, why would you do that?"
Wall treatments are often where my will to experiment stops.
I'm not a real fan of decorative wall paper feature walls. In fact, while there are exceptions, I don't much like feature walls at all.
I'd rather a really solid piece of art to draw attention to a wall rather than the whole wall.
Less is more. That's a mantra for decorating and more.
But some people can get it right. I spent lunch at a cafe at Coorparoo looking up at a brick wall. I loved the textures and lines. Where it was in an outdoor eating area it was perfect. Elsewhere it would be ridiculous.










No comments:

Post a Comment