-->

Wednesday, March 6, 2019

March 6. Day 65. Check mate


I was a chess legend. That is I thought I was quite good as a chess player when I was aged about 10. 
I retired about two days later when my brother first beat me. 
He was five years younger than me and I taught him to play the game. When even he could beat me the true nature of my talent became evident to me. I really had none. 
But still I have a fascination for the game and I love the look of a good chess set.
Today while in a men's outfitters with my husband and son I found myself drawn to a chess set.
It was elaborate and beautiful but at the same time the pieces were all in keeping with a traditional chess set.
If I actually still played the game I would have really, really taken a closer look and probably reeled over at the cost. 
But I didn't bother to even look and just admired. Still if I ever decide to take up the game again I know where to go.







No comments:

Post a Comment