-->

Saturday, March 23, 2019

March 23. Day 82. Star spotting



I admit. I love an opening night. And I have done more than my fair share in my time (that may not be fair but someone has to do it). Tonight I was more like an uninvited guest or an accidental tourist or something.
I bought tickets tonight because it was my only spare night in Melbourne. The fact that it was opening night was a very happy coincidence. The fact that the first people we ran into in the lobby were the same as we normally see in Brisbane says a whole lot about the industry, or the people we hang around with or something.
But then there were the Melbourne crowd. These are the beautiful people we don't see in Brisbane. But hell, that's part of the beauty of travel, right? I must say that the old theatres of Melbourne are beautiful and full or charm whereas QPAC feels like it was assembled from an Ikea flat pack. But, and it's a big but, the actual views, seats, acoustics, toilets, access and all that jazz are far superior in the modern facilities. But most of the is forgotten by the time the first strains of Abba's music sound and we hear "You're terrible, Muriel" for the first time. Happiness is ....









No comments:

Post a Comment