-->

Thursday, April 6, 2017

April 6. Day 96. Baby look at me



Since the election of Donald Trump as president of the US I wondered if anything could surprise me any more. Apparently I am not as jaded as I thought. Because small people and their way of looking at and interacting with the world are a constant source of wonder. At breakfast this morning I was surprised my little buddy Elliott was eating croissants. That's hardly surprising, I hear you say. Except that he likes to eat them straight from the freezer still frozen. Yeah, each
to their own. But that's not actually the really surprising bit. He eats them with his toes. Oh to so young and flexible. I also had the joy of meeting Elliott's baby brother for the first time today. I am constantly surprised at just how tiny and precious a newborn is. You do forget. You look at those finger and toes and even the size of the onesies and the nappies and they look like they belong to a doll - a doll with good lungs. My living dolls, my fur babies, had their six- weekly haircuts today and they also look crazy small with a layer of fluff removed. It always surprises me how cure they look.










No comments:

Post a Comment