-->

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

April 4. Day 94. Let me let you in on a secret



I am not a morning person. I do not spring out of bed and embrace the day. Sure I'm more than happy to take the dogs for a sunrise stroll along the beach but please don't expect me to talk to you. I can speak dog at sparrow's fart but communicating with humans not so much. It is a time for personal reflection ... or sleep. Frankly, I'm tired and grumpy. But even grumpy old me can manage a smile when greeted by a giggling small person. True a wagging tail of a dog and a lick on the face has much the same effect but I digress.
This morning I had breakfast with three-year-old Elliott. He was in a mood far, far too jolly for the hour. That kind of innocent good humour is infectious even if his liking for eating still frozen croissants is unlikely to catch on. It kind of sets you up for the day

No comments:

Post a Comment