-->

Sunday, March 12, 2017

March 12. Day 71. You have to laugh

Drama Teen poses with Hughsie after the show

A girl needs a good laugh. This is why I always make a point of attending at least one event at the Brisbane Comedy Festival. With such a wide range of acts to choose between, it can be difficult to decide where to splash the cash. I take an approach a bit like a bride at a wedding - something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue. The blue bit is easy. It seems almost compulsory for stand up comedians to litter their acts with F bombs. I am totally no prude but seriously I don't find them side splittingly funny or clever either. The borrowed is pretty much a given too. Comedians all seem to borrow from each other, that's not a bad thing it just is. Which brings us to the old and new. Here I am not speaking about the age of the comedian. I like one performer I am totally familiar with - and Dave Hughes tonight ticked that box. Then I am happy to try out someone I know nothing about, take a risk on something new. That will come later. As Sunday nights go there can be a lot worse things to do than have a laugh with the family.









No comments:

Post a Comment