-->

Friday, March 10, 2017

March 10. Day 69. The people that you meet each day

"Oh, who are the people in your neighborhood?
In your neighborhood?
In your neighborhood?
Say, who are the people in your neighborhood?
The people that you meet each day"
Because I am such a child, my inner love for Sesame Street is never far below the surface. I find myself singing such things as "one of these things is not like the other" or "rubber ducky" or "Sunny Day" more often than a woman in her 50s really should. But today the song that came to mind was the Who are the people in your neighbourhood". I like to think I know a fair bit about my neighbourhood and yet today I saw something I'd never seen before. It was a Gum Removal Vehicle. Turns out there are special vehicles and operators with the specific purpose of removing chewing gum. This is both awesome and tragic. It is tragic that people are so disrespectful of their environment that they would throw chewing gum in places that would require others to pick up after them. As someone who still remembers getting gum in her hair off a seat in the back of the school bus aged about 12, the idea there are people dedicated to remove gum is awesome. And the gum removal man was such a character  I couldn't help but smile.






No comments:

Post a Comment