-->

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

March 1. Day 60. Them bones


Some days I feel like a bit of a fossil, a museum piece. Today was one of those days where I just felt old and tired and a bit sad and passed it.
If I am to unpack it logically, which I rarely do, I'm sure it's a new semester thing with a lot of demands hitting all at once. There really are only so many balls a person can keep in the air before the inevitable happens. So I forgot a meeting. I got a phone call saying "we're in the cafe" and I thought "good for you. What cafe?" And then I remembered. The museum cafe. I'm supposed to be at the museum for a meeting. Once again the fact I live very close to the arts precinct came in handy. So off I went. After a very productive meeting and a bit of beating myself up, I took advantage of the fact that I was in the museum to take a walk around. It's so easy to forget what's on offer in this city of ours. It's also very easy to think you are too busy to take time to do these things - which is exactly when you should. So I left a little refreshed and with hope there's still life in these old bones.



1 comment:

  1. Still motivating at least one past student. A teacher's influence never calcifies. And good stories live forever, as evident in the building next door.

    ReplyDelete