-->

Monday, December 26, 2016

December 26. Day 361. Pretty in pink




 I have a friend who used to be able to board a long haul flight for an extended overseas stay with just carry on baggage. Indeed her bag probably weighed less than what I carry to work each day. She may even have packed less than is in my backpack when I walk the dogs. Travelling light is a super power not granted to mere mortals like myself.  Mind you my super hero packing friend found her kryptonite when she became a mother. I note that she is now almost in excess baggage territory. It kind of makes me smile. I was reminded of this today when friends from Brisbane travelled up to visit us for a day trip.  The amount of stuff they needed to keep a three-year-old fed, clothed and entertained would have filled a small shipping container (okay a small car but never let the truth get in the way of a good story.) I don't judge. As a heavy duty packer and one time mother of a small person I totally get it - but I sure don't miss it. As the person who did not have to pack a small mountain of pink clothing, I must say I am very glad my friends made the effort. There is something very special about the excited laughter of a small child playing on the beach. It brings out the child in all of us and that can not be a bad thing, especially if you get to wave goodbye to the machine load of dirty laundry heading back down the highway to Brisbane.































No comments:

Post a Comment