-->

Sunday, August 28, 2016

August 28. Day 241. Celebrate good times. Come on


 It's birthday season in my family. There's something about November that seems to make people want to conceive and August that makes them want to give birth. This means present shopping and in return cake. This is a fair deal in any man (or women's) language. So it was today that we all gathered at the home of my sister Marie for a combined celebration for the birthdays of her daughter Scarlett, my mother Margaret and our niece Amelia. For each it was a special birthday. Mum reached three quarters of a century, Scarlett left her teens and Amelia entered them. Now if that's not a good reason to eat, drink and be merry I don't know what is. And then because we are all getting old we went home and had a little lie down (well I did. I can't really speak for the others). It's their party and they can lie if they want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment