-->

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

September 16. Day 259. Me and my big mouth

For a journalist, loving telling a good story is pretty much part of the deal.
Of course these days I no longer collect a pay cheque for being a loud mouth. To be honest, it's one of the things I miss now that my occupation is academic. People and their stories fascinate me and I do love to tell them. It's not that students don't do things that make me roll my eyes and occasionally want to shout it from the roof tops but I have taken a occupational vow of silence. I can see evil and hear evil, I just can't speak evil. Bor-ing. Fortunately as well as my day job I continue to be able to speak my mind in various media commitments. This is what had me at South Bank this morning where the loud mouth gulls were in a flap. Probably they had seen something they wanted to tell the world about. I get it. I really do.


No comments:

Post a Comment