-->

Friday, June 8, 2018

June 8. Day 159. Queen of Hearts



Wind the clock back two years to June 10, 2016. I was at the annual Multicultural Development Association Luminous Lantern Parade at South Bank. I met my mum there and her friend Lois. I'd been to previous parades but they hadn't and they were in awe. They wished someone had told them sooner. Later we had dinner and later I introduced them to another thing I love to do at South Bank - drink cocktails. It was a bloody good night. I'm glad I had that opportunity. Today was the 2018 parade. Today was also the day of Lois's funeral. She was 83. It was a lovely service. One of the things that stuck out was a choice of reading, a letter from Saint Paul to the Corinthians. It's commonly read a weddings. Indeed it was read at out wedding. "Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude. It does not insist of its own way; it is not irritable or resentful, it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. If they can say that about you at your funeral, it's been a life well lived in my book.















No comments:

Post a Comment