-->

Thursday, June 14, 2018

June 14. Day 165. The colour purple










Apparently Brisbane mourned when The Riverwalk washed away. News reports after the 2011 floods say 3000 plus people a day walk the Riverwalk from the CBD to New Farm. I was never one of them. Indeed, I hadn't actually walked the 870 metres since the $100 million project reopened. But last week, I changed that and I was hooked. So this week, I decided to do it again. It's pretty awesome. It's flat, well lit, and has places where you can wash and scale fish (if you are into that sort of thing). But for me the thing that is awesome is the uninterrupted views it offers of the Story Bridge. How did I not know this? I'm sure the designers hadn't planned it but the fence makes for an awesome tripod for those of use who always forget such things ...












No comments:

Post a Comment