-->

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

March 27. Day 86. Starry, starry night



The Powerhouse is one awesome venue. 
In less educated times it would have been demolished or gentrified. 
But while it has been re purposed as a performing arts venue its history has been retained and is never far from view. I like that.
My visit to the Powerhouse tonight was to discuss not witness theatre. It was my second meeting as part of the Matilda Awards judging committee. 
Generally speaking, I'd rather stab myself in the eye than attend a meeting. 
These meetings are a cut above. I really love talking theatre with theatre lovers. 
We don't always agree - in fact at times the divergence in views is immense - but everyone is respectful. 
And people brought snacks (for the second meeting in a row I forgot ...). It finished on time and we all headed out into the night to watch yet more theatre. 
Until next time












No comments:

Post a Comment