-->

Sunday, June 7, 2015

June 7. Day 158. On the ball


I used to play netball, a sport that at least according to the official rules of play is classified "non-contact". Anyone who has ever watched or played the game will know that this does not mean the game isn't brutal. But as least the netball knee is normally the sport's biggest injury and there are no sticks involved ... I now realise that netball is a bit of a sport for girls - quite literally. Today, at the invitation of my niece Scarlett, I got to see a lacrosse team going through a pretty intensive training run.  I'm sure those you play it could come up with a more accurate description but to me it looked like a cross between hockey and polo but without the horses. It also looks like a great deal of fun and heart starting exercise. I might even be tempted to give it a go if I wasn't 1) old, 2) unfit and 3) a tiny bit scared of games with sticks even with appropriate rules and padding. But for those who are less inclined to be a big sook, players 15 years and older are invited to join up. For now there shall be only one S Hetherington on the field and it will not be me ... (Go Scarlett!)































1 comment:

  1. They look so full of energy and determination and what a great way to stay in shape. Wonderful captures as ever, you can see the determination in their faces, a competitive game for sure. Thank you for sharing with me on Country Kids.

    ReplyDelete