-->

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

June 23. Day 174. Birds of a Feather

It's probably breaking about 87 clauses in the Manual of Policies and Procedures (MOPP) which governs almost every aspect of my employment to say so but here goes - I don't like my place of work very much. To be clear, it's not the work I have a problem with or the people (staff or students) it's just that my little corner of the campus is not entirely attractive. I get so jealous of those who work on sprawling campuses with huge open spaces overrun with wildlife. We don't have that. Sure the facilities are great but the non human campus dwellers not so much. Today I spent time at Macquarie University in Sydney sitting on the grass while Drama Teen's mate George went to the library to beg forgiveness for some very overdue library books. You can tell a lot about a person by the company she keeps and if that is so clearly I was a bit flighty with a huge appetite - well it was lunch time. The birds really couldn't care less about my presence as long as i was prepared to look and not touch they basically ignored me. I can't say I maintained the same hands off demeanor later in the afternoon at Madame Tassauds. If the MOPP was breached earlier. protocol was smashed when I got up close and personal with Her Royal Waxness. Like I said, inclined to be a bit flighty.



No comments:

Post a Comment