-->

Friday, June 12, 2015

June 12. Day 163. Laughter is the best medicine


During the course of this week I have seen quite a range of emotions - none of them good. Exams are meant to test what you know but from what I've seen what they really test is your emotions and those of all your nearest and dearest. It would be fair to say that on the emotional criteria scale, this week did not go too well. Tonight, however, there was an outpouring of emotion of a different kind - laughter. Teenagers snorting, cackling and at times even rolling around the floor laughing at a games night. I must say this was music to my ears and to the ears of the other parents in the room who have also been living with Teen Test Tantrums. We still have two exams to go and arguably Drama Teen should have spent the night on a Legal Studies essay discussing whether boxing should be banned instead of working out which celebrity was on his head. It's what I would have done when I was in Year 12 but as he is very fond of reminding me, he is not me. These are testing times and you will not pass that test if your head isn't in the right place. So tonight it was game on again proving laughter is the best medicine.








No comments:

Post a Comment