-->

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

January 6. Day 6. Wind beneath my wings

We would sit transfixed in front of the fireplace as my father read. It is one of my fondest childhood memories, Dad reading to us. His favourite was Just So Stories and I still remember the excitement of hearing about the Elephant Child and the great grey-green, greasy Limpopo River, all set about with fever-trees. Another of Dad's top reading classics was Wind in the Willows and we couldn't wait until after dinner for the next installment of the antics of Toad of Toad Hall, Mole, Badger and Ratty. Being read to is a great pleasure combining the skill of the reader and the imagination of the mind. This is why I am so excited about La Boite's production of Wind in the Willows which opens this week. The amazing Luke Carroll plays all the characters with one man, the creative team and the imagination of the young audience doing the rest. This is a production which the creative team says is for four to 12 year-olds and those who love the story. I miss out by just a bit (okay several decades) on criteria one but bulls eye on the second criteria. Can't wait.






No comments:

Post a Comment