-->

Thursday, June 5, 2014

June 5. Day 156. A feather in my cap

Most of the time I am my own worst enemy and my harshest critic (although being a parent of a teenager does mean frank character assessments are freely available).  But occasionally even I do have to admit that I get it right. So I shall give myself a feather in my cap for today's picture on two grounds. One, I am rather chuffed with this image. I was watching the birds while at dog park and fired this off. Even at the time I thought it kind of spec and couldn't wait to get home and have a look. But here's the thing. When I got home it was gone. In the past two and a half years I have taken literally hundreds of thousands of photos and I have developed a very sophisticated system of managing the files. I never delete straight off the camera. Ever. Today, however, I did. Somehow. Which brings me to the second ground and that is perseverance. I was not going to take the case of the missing photo lying down. So a great deal of time and effort went into data recovery and ta-da, here it is. Isn't that rather Yankee  Doodle Dandy?



1 comment: