-->

Monday, June 16, 2014

June 16. Day 167. Where there's a will

There's an old saying "where there's a will, there's a relative". In some cases those who have paid scant attention to the dearly departed while he or she was in the land of the living have been known to descend vulture like at the scent of a trail of cash. Fortunately it is a process that to this point in my life I have been able to steer clear of. But after a recent fall my elderly neighbour has decided it's about time she revisited her will and asked if I would mind driving her to Sandgate to see her solicitor. As I'm not a beneficiary so no-one could question my intentions I figured there were a lot worse things a person could do on a day like today than take a trip to the seaside. We ate fish and chips for lunch and there was time for a stroll along the waterfront. Very nice it was too. I was worried she might take a tumble but naturally it was not her that fell. The idiot with the camera failed to noticed just how slippery the wet rocks she was climbing on were. My pride was a little wounded but fortunately the camera wasn't and anyone looking got to have a good laugh. That has to be worth something. I'm sorry to disappoint any birds of prey circling but other than a bit of a graze on the hand and a wet boot I'm fine. You'll have to wait a bit longer to enjoy the spoils.

No comments:

Post a Comment