-->

Friday, May 10, 2013

May 10. Day 130. Follow the leader


If you ever want proof that children learn through imitation just renovate. Those were the words of my neighbour Mike who with son Mitch was out sanding the fence this afternoon. I'll have to take his word for it because renovating is something I will NEVER take on and not at all coincidentally it was not something my parents did either.
But I know Mike's right. How often do we hear our own words come back at us through the mouths of our children - the good the bad and the ugly.
With all the talk about sports stars and pop stars being role models for kids it is really important to remember one thing. There is no bigger role model than you. It's hard to live up to some times but it is important to never give up trying.

6 comments:

  1. Remarkable! Its actually amazing post, I have got much clear idea regarding from this article.


    my web site ... rc hobbies now

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww that's lovely to see a father and son working together like this x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, what a responsibility it is as parents to be the best you can for your children. Mitch looks so cute with his ear defenders on helping his Daddy. Thanks for linking up to Country Kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant, like father, like son. Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely - helping Daddy, and doing such a good job! #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  6. How gorgeous is that!
    Modelling is really important.
    Great photos.

    Thank you so much for sharing with Motivational Monday

    ReplyDelete